Magnificent room brought to life thanks to numerous anecdotes, each year the Grand Rex of Paris hosts a multitude of events of all kinds. However, it does not lose its primary vocation, that of being a sanctuary dedicated to the seventh art. Several films are therefore regularly screened there. Movie fan? Here are some Grand Rex events that may interest you.
Events at the Grand Rex, film screenings not to be missed
As is usually the case each year, in 2020 the programming of events at the Grand Rex gives the choice in terms of films. There’s something for everyone, from animated films to thrillers, comedies, documentaries and science fiction. So, provided you find where park nearbygoing there can be a good idea for a family outing. If all the films on the program this year are worth seeing, some are particularly recommended. It’s the case :
- Du pôule Nord au pôule Sud, the documentary film by Guirec and Monique which won the Grand Prix du public as well as the Ushuaia TV prize at the La Rochelle International Adventure Film Festival in November 2019. Preview screening at the Grand Rex will take place on March 31, 2020 at 8:45 p.m. Get ready to dive into the incredible story full of life, fear, laughter and nature of a young man who goes to the assault of his dreams in the company of a courageous hen who offers him an egg a day;
- Dying can wait, one of the most anticipated Grand Rex events for fans of the seventh art. Previewed from April 3, 2020 at 8 p.m., this is a new adventure by the very famous agent 007, played for a few years by British actor Daniel Craig. The story, James Bond, who is enjoying happy days in Jamaica after leaving the secret service, will see his peace of mind shattered when an old friend from the CIA arrives to seek his help in rescuing a kidnapped scientist. However, the mission will prove to be much more perilous.
Events at the Grand Rex, some practical advice
Grand Rex events usually attract a lot of people. Located in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris, it may not be easy to reach the room to park. The ideal if you plan to go there is to find a secure car park nearby and to make a reservation a few days before the date of your exit. Due to parking difficulties in the capital, many drivers use this practical solution to avoid the hassle of parking in Paris. On the site Mondandy we explain to you how to simply find a place around the monument.
Most of the events at the Grand Rex, in this case film screenings, take place at nightfall, so it may be interesting to dine nearby before going there. This way you don’t risk arriving late. There are many possibilities depending on your preferences. We can cite as examples:
- The McDonald’s Paris Bonne Nouvelle for fast food fans;
- Le Gymnase which offers delicious dishes of French cuisine;
- The New Song Tian if you like Japanese cuisine;
- The Indiana Café which is an American and Mexican themed restaurant.
A historic monument, the Grand Rex in Paris has many desires to go out. Cinema, shows, concerts, guided tours, the possibilities are many and varied. To find more Grand Rex events that might interest you, go to This site.